A Quick Word

MS Paint at Work is a blog taking requests from its readers. If you have an idea, Sarah - the writer and artist - will do what she can to realize your idea by using MS Paint as her medium. If you have a wonderful drawing idea, send us an email at MsPaintAtWork@gmail.com

Monday, May 26, 2014

Rosie and Her Chickens

They're Playing!



My dear friend Meagan, who lives in Colorado, asked me to draw her doggy Rosie playing with her chicken friends. Rosie was rescued when Meagan fell in love with her at the animal shelter in Roswell, NM. She was on the kill list because she had yet to be adopted. Meagan took her lovingly into her home and they have been best friends ever since. 

Now, drawing puppies is incredibly hard, especially when you're trying to make a puppy look like an actual dog. The online dog draw tutorials are not much help when the dog is a mutt and resembles no breed in particular. Here is a picture of Rosie for comparison:



I am super proud of my Rosie caricature though! There was no easy way for me to get the speckled look of her fur, and I feel like the spray can technique would not do her beautiful coat justice. I am also really proud of this background. It's the first time I have actually used the new paint brushes for the upgraded MS Paint. I'm pleased with how it looks, but the features are hard to get used to and I don't see myself using them too often. 

I have not had the opportunity to meet Rosie, but I am willing to bet she is a loving, kind, snuggle-puss because I know she lives in a loving, kind home with a particular person (Meagan) who loves to snuggle. Don't forget to email me or comment your drawing requests! Until next week

- S.

No comments:

Post a Comment