A Quick Word

MS Paint at Work is a blog taking requests from its readers. If you have an idea, Sarah - the writer and artist - will do what she can to realize your idea by using MS Paint as her medium. If you have a wonderful drawing idea, send us an email at MsPaintAtWork@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mario Being Chased by TWO Toads

Look out Mario! 



I've completed my finals which means a fully, fleshed out, bonus, blog posting for you! This beautiful image was requested by my other Australian friend Dylan, who you might remember from Cacti and Books. He was the one that reminded me I had a blog and I needed to get back into the swing of things! So here it is! 

This particular image took a lot of time considering I haven't played many of the Mario games, but I have played some of them. I originally was going to do an 8 bit version of the pictures, but I felt that would be cheating considering it doesn't take any effort to click a square into the right spot and Paint has this nifty grid system to make it even easier. As many of you know, I am not a fan of cheating but I went ahead and drew out the 8 bit drawings so I would have a reference for when I actually free-hand the characters. Overall, free-handing the characters took more time than the 8 bit versions, but only because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'm really pleased with this piece and I feel like I captured Mario's mustache the most accurately!

The Schedule: 

My goal is to post at least one blog a week, that way I can take the time to build up blog postings for when I am back in school. I plan on posting Mondays, but I don't know what time yet. I'll let you know as soon as I have made a decision. As many of you know, I'm working towards earning my bachelors degree in Business Administration and I am more than halfway done with my degree. Hooray! I am also done with finals and will have a full summer worth of blog postings, just for you!

However, this summer will be the final summer I am working at the library. I am very saddened to have to leave because I love this job, I have super awesome bosses, and it's a very convenient job to have. Since I am done with all of my junior college classes, that means I can no longer work at the library as a student assistant. I will have to start hunting for a job (again). I'll be sure to keep everyone posted but I might get a job that requires a little more attention and less time for blogging. Never fear though! I will keep the blog going, even if that means it'll no longer be MS Paint at Work. 

If you have any cool names for my blog, please feel free to let me know in the comments section or by emailing me at MSPaintAtWork@gmail.com. Don't forget you can also send any art requests via commenting and email as well! Until next week! - Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment