A Quick Word

MS Paint at Work is a blog taking requests from its readers. If you have an idea, Sarah - the writer and artist - will do what she can to realize your idea by using MS Paint as her medium. If you have a wonderful drawing idea, send us an email at MsPaintAtWork@gmail.com

Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Cat in the Hat

Not to be Confused with Dr. Seuss 

My friend Tessa, who also lives in Texas, requested a cat wearing a top hat and a bow tie with a martini in a business setting. I am really proud of that cat because this was the first animal I drew and the first time I was successful at it. Granted, there are times when I am not so successful, but we will get to those later. I decided that a work birthday party was the easiest way to depict a business setting. The cat wasn't going to start off sad, but with the droopy ears and whiskers, it evolved into a depressing image of a very common fear. I am not proud of the people in this painting. The perspective and the cat took so much time, and when I was finally ready to start throwing people into the mix, I got frustrated with how crappy they looked and gave up all together. Besides, the cat looks awesome, who cares about the people? Thanks Tessa!


No comments:

Post a Comment