A Quick Word

MS Paint at Work is a blog taking requests from its readers. If you have an idea, Sarah - the writer and artist - will do what she can to realize your idea by using MS Paint as her medium. If you have a wonderful drawing idea, send us an email at MsPaintAtWork@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Harlan!

It doesn't look like a happy birthday picture, but it totally is.

This post is dedicated to my high school chemistry teacher, Harlan. Happy Birthday Harlan!!! Not only did I have her for Pre-AP Chemistry, I had her for AP Chemistry as well. While having her as a teacher I discovered that I really sucked at chemistry. She convinced me to take AP Chem, and it was one of the smartest decisions I have ever made. I am pretty sure I failed almost every single test, but she reassured me that as long as I did my best work, gave it all I had, and kept asking questions, I wasn't going to fail. Her class taught me how to do my best, but also how to accept failure as an option. Harlan  taught me how to study and to never be afraid to ask questions. I feel as though I wouldn't be where I am in my college career now if I hadn't taken AP Chem and learned from the wonderful, albeit stressful, situations . I look up to Harlan as a role model. She has taught me to always strive for the best and never to settle with mediocre. I am glad that I have been able to stay in touch with her throughout the years. Thank you Harlan!

No comments:

Post a Comment