A Quick Word

MS Paint at Work is a blog taking requests from its readers. If you have an idea, Sarah - the writer and artist - will do what she can to realize your idea by using MS Paint as her medium. If you have a wonderful drawing idea, send us an email at MsPaintAtWork@gmail.com

Monday, July 15, 2013

Desert Nights

Spicing up a desert is tough work

Drawing deserts in general is tough work, but I always enjoy a challenge. This picture was requested by my friend Chris, who has suggested my previous masterpieces such as Kangaroos Can't Swim and The Blues Brothers which are also some of my first masterpieces. Chris requested a man camping in the desert. He was worried it would be too boring, but I don't often draw landscape images, so I decided to take his request. And he is a good friend, so I wouldn't want to disappoint him. I decided to use red tones in this particular desert because every desert I've seen (of the very few I've seen) has very iron-rich soil, making everything around it have an orange/red tint. I know most of these colors are looking more purple than red, but you have to remember it's nighttime, so everything at night is a darker color than how you would normally see it. The man camping is laying out underneath the stars. I imagine he is doing some deep thinking, most likely contemplating his navel. Thank you Chris for this challenging image. 

Don't forget you can send me a drawing request to MSPaintAtWork@gmail.com. Things are really starting to slow down at work, so please give me something to do with your wonderful drawing ideas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment