A Quick Word

MS Paint at Work is a blog taking requests from its readers. If you have an idea, Sarah - the writer and artist - will do what she can to realize your idea by using MS Paint as her medium. If you have a wonderful drawing idea, send us an email at MsPaintAtWork@gmail.com

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Forest Fairies and Bumble Bees

High Quality Work Ahead

My boyfriend requested a very difficult piece for me. A woodland fairy atop a speeding bumble bee. Thinking this would be a pretty easy piece in the beginning I was proven wrong when I tried to make the wings of the bee opaque. I actually had to work on this one at home, because MS Paint on Windows XP and lower doesn't have an opaque coloring tool like Windows Vista and higher does. I ended up having to color in each individual background color of the wings to make it work and took about an hour and half to complete. That being said, I probably won't do opaque wings again. Another difficult task was making sure the fairy was perched on the back of the bee correctly. I wanted to make sure you could tell he was on top of the bee rather than drawn in on the side, and it took a long while for me to figure out the best way to place him. Overall, I am pleased with this drawing, it just took longer than expected. Thank you again Stanton!

No comments:

Post a Comment